Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BUSY, BUSY

Oh yes, the schedule has gotten busier lately.  Went to my 1st football game since high school! (Only a few...18...years ago, LOL)  Wow, did it bring back a lot of old memories.  Actually, think I may have gone to a game a couple years after graduating, but it's still been a while.  I was in marching band, so hearing the bands play actually made me long to pick up a flute again.  Have to say, my 15 yo's uniforms are sharp!  Better than the uniforms I had to wear!  Can you believe I forgot to bring my camera? (Bad mommy!)

I helped out a little bit with the NJROTC concession stand (we handle the visitor's side concession stand).  This Friday night is the rivalry game against PRC!  BIG game!  So we are going to cool hotdogs, burgers and I am going to make pulled pork for sandwiches.  Here is a neat little trick I just learned - can be used for home too....

       tip:  Use the bags used for cooking turkeys or roast in the oven to line your                             crockpot.  Makes for super easy clean up and the food won't burn.  Works                     great for chili & cheese sauce, stew, but not for water (I'm told, so not going                 to try it).

I'm definitely going to do this.  I am going to pick up 2 pork shoulder roasts tomorrow, get up at 3 am Friday morning, put them in the oven at 225 degrees and go back to bed.  Let it cook all day while I'm at work.  Will leave work early, go home and pull the pork, mix with a couple bottles of BBQ sauce and put in my lined crockpot.  Tasty & good profits!

Saturday will be very busy too.  I am helping my dear friend Tammy sell t-shirts at a fundraiser for Devin Funk.  See HERE for his MySpace page to read more.  He is an 11 yo boy from Slidell, LA that had his arm removed (to put it nicely) by an alligator on  July 30, 2008.  The doctors were unable to reattach it.  They had the Car-Show fundraiser scheduled for Sept. 6th, but Gustav made them have to reschedule and it is this Saturday.


Tammy is part owner of   Xpressionsplus and have they donated the printing cost of 400 tshirts to be sold.  And she has asked me to help her at the booth.

And just as a reminder, I HERE IS THE LINK for the post that has the main list for scrapbooking items and be make-up I have for sale.

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

Aw, poor baby! I can't even imagine the nightmares that poor child has, reliving that trauma.

I went to a Friday night high school football game the other night, too. Definitely brought back memories. :-)

ChrissyW said...

hope the fundraiser does really well and woo hoo about crock pot info! LOVE my crockpot :P

Anonymous said...

Hi
thank you for your comments on my blog
I printed the mini box on cardstock paper :)

Anonymous said...

oh poor boyn that is really tragic! hope thatthe fundraiser will sork well!
Thanks for the visit! :)

SarahG said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Great tip for the cooking bags, I have a drawer full!

Enjoy your weekend!