Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is this right?

I thought when your child becomes a teenager, especially once they hit high school, they try to do everything in their power to avoid you. With the exception of when they need something. Thankfully, I can say that is not completely true with my 15 year old. He makes the comment to me the other day during our conversation, "That's why I enjoy talking to you." I'm sure my eyes bugged out a bit and looked at him a bit strangely. "Because I can talk about things and use words ~ and you get it! Some of my friends either ask what that means or just look at me insanely." It gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, my son ENJOYS talking with me! And his Dad too. Especially now that he is in JROTC. As long as it is something that interest Tony, he is a sponge and soaks up every bit of information he can.

No comments: